11 NIGHTS / 12 DAYS
JC – IA – TOUR NO. 73
Beijing (3N) Qufu (1N) Xuzhou (1N) Nanjing (1N) Shanghai (2N) Luoyang (1N) Xian (2N)
Day 1 (Beijing)
Welcome to China! On your arrival you will be welcomed at the airport and transferred to your hotel. To familiarise yourselves with the city, we provide a transfer to Wangfujing street, a pedestrian and commercial street full of life with many shops and restaurants. Dinner included after which you will return to your hotel.
Day 2 (Beijing)
An exciting day awaits us. We will discover the main points of interest in the Chinese capital. We will have a full day visit in which we will visit some of the main avenues in the city. The Great Chinese Imperial Palace, better known as ¨The Forbidden City¨, the most majestic architectural complex in China from where 24 emperors ruled for almost 500 years. We will also have the opportunity to visit Jingshan Park where the Coal Hill is located, one of the best-preserved imperial gardens in Beijing. We will ascend to the top of the hill to take in stunning views (if the day is clear) of the Forbidden City. We will walk through the immense Tiananmen Square, one of the largest squares in the world, and from there, we will appreciate the Great National Theater, Beijing Opera House. After lunch we will visit the Summer Palace, the Imperial House of the Qing Dynasty with its beautiful gardens and lakes. In the afternoon we include a tricycle ride through the traditional neighbourhood of Beijing, known as Hutong. Return to the hotel and the end of your trip and stay overnight.
Day 3 (Beijing)
Today’s itinerary includes an excursion to visit the 2000-year-old Great Wall of China (Mutianyu section). The day will include a cable car ride up and down to one of the most scenic spots in the region. Returning to Beijing, we will stop in the 798th district, with its famous contemporary art exhibit located in an old military factory. We will also visit the Temple of Heaven, one of the country’s largest sacred complexes and a World Heritage Site. Before returning to the hotel, and as a way to rest from this intense day, we will enjoy a foot massage and take a Tai Chi class. We then bid farewell to Beijing with a lacquered duck dinner.
Day 4 (Qufu)
After breakfast, we go to the train station. We take one of China´s state-of-the-art high-speed trains. At 300 km/hour, we arrive at Taian in two hours, situated at the foot of Mount Taishan, which is considered the most sacred mountain in China. We will visit the Dai Temple, a magnificent complex of Taoist temples from the 11th century. From here, the pilgrimage route begins. Lunch included. After this, our visit will include the cable car that ascends to the “gates of heaven” of the sacred mountain. The last phase has to be done walking on foot up its steep staircase among hundreds of pilgrims. At the end of the afternoon, we will travel in our bus to Qufu, the city of Confucius.
Day 5 (Xuzhou)
We visit the city of Confucius, the Chinese thinker of the fifth century BC, who was the founder of Confucianism. Our trip will include a visit and entrance to the Mansion and the Confucius Temple. We then continue our route towards Xuzhou. Lunch included. We will discover the impressive underground Mausoleum of the Han Emperor, and we will be surprised by the sight of the terracotta army in the museum (similar, but smaller in size, to the extremely famous ones in Xian). After that, we pass by the beautiful Lake Yunlong, on our way to the hotel.
Day 6 (Nanjing)
We leave Xuzhou in the morning leaving for Nanjing, a city of eight million people and considered by many to be the most beautiful in China. We will visit the Purple Mountain, where we will look round the Sun Yatsen mausoleum and the picturesque Lingu Temple.
Day 7 (Shanghai)
We leave for Suzhou, known for its wonderful gardens that are a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This city was the largest silk producer in the world, and has always been associated with beauty and elegance. We include entrance tickets to the garden of the humble administrator. We will have free time to stroll along the very picturesque Pingjian road. Lunch is included. After that we go to Tongli, a charming lake town with small houses lining canals full of pretty gondolas. Take a boat ride through the canals before we continue on to Shanghai.
Day 8 (Shanghai)
In the morning, we take a tour of this impressive city. We will explore Pudong, located across the Huangpu River, which is now the city’s financial district, with skyscrapers such as the Pearl Tower. We will stroll thorugh the Old City and the Yuyuan Garden, a private garden that was built during the Ming Dynasty. We will enjoy a demonstration of the Tea ceremony, traditional drink that plays an important cultural role in China. We will pass by one of the most fashionable neighborhoods of the capital, Xintiandi. Lunch included. Then, we visit Tianzifang, a former residential area known for its narrow, labyrinthine traditional streets with small craft shops and art galleries. We finish the visit along the Bund with its old European style villas and mansions.
Day 9 (Luoyang)
You begin your day with a transfer to the station. We take the high-speed train through pretty countryside to Luoyang. Lunch included. We see the impressive Buddhist caves of Longmen where you will find more than 100,000 images of Buddha. After this, transfer to the ancient city, where we traverse its impressive wall and can explore the city.
Day 10 ( Xian )
First thing in the morning, in the outskirts of Luoyang, we visit the Buddhist White Horse Temple, a sprawling monastery and place of study where Buddhists come from all across the world. We go on our route to Hua Shan, the highest of the five Taoist Sacred Mountains, where we include lunch and a cable car ride. The scenery is spectacular, and the atmosphere charged with spirituality. Continue to XIAN, arriving in the afternoon.
NB: On certain dates, for reasons of weather or crowding (maximum authorised in the site) Mount Hua may not be visited. If this point is cancelled, we will see the gardens of Huaquing, near Xian).
Day 11 ( Xian )
We arrive in the fascinating city where the Silk Route was born. First thing in the morning, we will go to see the Terracota Army, with its thousands of life size clay soldiers that were found underground. We return to Xian, where we will visit the Small Wild Goose Pagoda and enjoy a brief Chinese calligraphy course. Later, we go across through the walled centre crossing the Muslim quarter there. Our tour of the local mosque will also include entry tickets to the Drum Tower where we will enjoy a short show of traditional instrument playing.
Day 12 ( Xian )
After breakfast, you will check out of your hotel marking the end of our services.
Inclusion & Exclusion
Europamundo General Services: Travel by bus with English speaking guide, basic travel insurance, and breakfast buffet.
Includes arrival transfer
Excursion: Tricycle ride through the traditional neigbourhood in Beijing, Great Wall of China Mutianyu section in Beijing.
Boat: Boat Ride in Tongli, Boat trip in Longmen.
City tour in : Beijing, Qufu, Shanghai.
Evening Transfer: Wangfujing street in Beijing, Old City in Luoyang.
Ticket admission: The Forbidden City, Jingshan Park, Summer Palace, Great Wall of China Mutianyu, Temple of Heaven, foot massage, Tai Chi class in Beijing, Dai Temple in Taian, Mansion and the Confucius Temple in Qufu, Underground Mausoleum of the Han Emperor in Xuzhou, The Sun Yatsen Mausoleum and Lingu Temple in Nanjing, Garden of the humble administrator in Suzhou, Yuyuan Garden and demonstration of the Tea ceremony in Shanghai, White Horse Temple in Luoyang, Buddhist caves of Longmen in Longmen, Terracota Army Museum, Small Wild Goose Pagoda, Chinese calligraphy course, mosque, show of traditional instrument playing in Drum Tower in Xian.
Funicular: Great Wall of China in Beijing, Gates of Heaven in Taian, Hua Shan in Mount Hua.
High Speed Train: Beijing – Taian, Shanghai – Luoyang.
Anything else not mentioned in inclusions.
Air fare / Train fare / Visa Fees / Monument fare.
Expenses of personal nature such as tips, telephone calls, laundry, liquor etc.
Guide & Entrance fees during sightseeing or any other item not specified in ‘cost inclusions’
Any increase in taxes or fuel, leading to increase in surface transportation and land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
Terms & Condtions
- GST shall be applicable over and above the package prices.
- Your e-tickets will be sent 3 days before departure in case of fixed departure.
- Above rates are Net and Non Commissionable.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage, camera fees etc.
- Meal plan: EP – Accommodation only, CP – Accommodation with breakfast, MAP – Accommodation with breakfast, lunch or dinner, AP – Accommodation with breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Airline seats and hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In case of any Visa denial or any delay in Visa process we shall not be resonsible for any loss due to the same and no refund will be applicable. Visa approval and process duration is as per consulate / embassy descretion. We cannot guarantee if visa shall be granted and duration to process the same.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar standard.
- Transportation shall be provided as per the itinerary and will not be at disposal.( AC will not work on hills )
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels / flights, cancellation / re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of visit, etc. While we will do our best to make suitable alternate arrangements, we would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- Cancellation charges for any type of transport ticket are applicable as per the rules of the concerned authority.
- Air tickets issued on special fares are NON REFUNDABLE and Guest shall bear cancellation charges.
- Any refund payable to the Guest (if any applicable as per cancellation policy) will be paid after the Company receives refund from the respective authorities. The Company deducts processing charges from the refund to be paid to the Guest.
- From 1 June 2016 onwards if any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicabke and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Also do read booking procedure which is given in every package details.
- The Company reserves the right to:
- Take the booking for the group tour and individual tour.
- Cancel bookings even after the acceptance of the payment without assigning any reason. In this case the company shall refund the money to the guest.
- Dismiss any guest from the tour for misbehaviour especially if it affects the group and Physical or verbal assault to the Tour Manager.
- Withdraw discounts at any point of time.
- Change the routing of Air Travel.
- Change hotel and/tour programme due to unavoidable circumstances.
- Cancellation made 30 days or more before departure date – 25% of package price will be applicable as cancellation charges.
- Cancellation made 15 to 30 Days prior to Departure – 50% of package price will be applicable as cancellation charges.
- Cancellation made within 15 Days before Departure – 100% of package price will be applicable as cancellation charges.
- In case of no show – 100% of package price will be applicable as cancellation charges.
- Note: Please read the terms and conditions before booking.
Cancellation Due To Visa Rejection
All the clients travelling on a tour must be in possession of a valid visa. However kindly note that it is entirely at the discretion of the concerned Consulate / Authorities to grant / reject visa even after submitting all relevant documents and the company will not be held responsible for the same. The company is not at all liable for such cases or has any influence on the consulate/embassy’s decision The role of the company is only to provide necessary guidance to the client for the purpose of applying for Visa. The company will not be responsible for non-issuance of visa due to receipt of incomplete / delayed documents from the Clients. It is a possibility that the consulate may ask the passengers to appear for a personal interview. This is at the sole discretion of the Consulate / Authorities. If the required documents are not submitted by the client, the issuance of visa will further be delayed / rejected, and the client will not hold JABETO CHOLO for the same. Client should adhere to all the norms and conditions laid by the consulate/embassy Upon rejection of visa, if the client wishes to reapply for the visa, he/she is liable to pay again the requisite fee to the consulate and he/she will not claim from JABETO CHOLO
- Company is not responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings during the stay in the hotel or while traveling in the coach. Due to theft or loss of baggage, tour participant can lodge a complaint with the local authorities on his/her sole discretion, cost, risk and consequences.