9 NIGHTS / 10 DAYS
JC – IA – TOUR NO. 432
Reykjavík (3N) Bergen (2N) Balestrand (2N) Oslo (2N)
Honeymoon Long Haul
Day 1 (Reykjavík)
Arrival in Iceland and transfer to the city centre by regular shuttle bus service. There will be an assistance provided at a hotel. Take a stroll in the centre of this small town, which is also the capital located to the north of the world. You can ask at the reception of your hotel for a wakeup call show of the Northern Light. Hotels: Overnight in Fosshotel Reykjavik / Klettur Hotel or similar
Day 2 (Reykjavík)
Breakfast in the hotel. Enjoy the Golden Circle Excursion. The Golden Circle tour allows you to visit some of Iceland‘s most stunning sights; Geysir geothermal area, the waterfall Gullfoss, and the UNESCO site Þingvellir National Park as well as to learn about growing vegetables in a country which doesn’t get much daylight for most of the year. Geysir geothermal area is in South Iceland, near Laugarvatn Lake. The area is named after the biggest, and now mostly dormant, geyser Geysir and all geysers in the world owe their name to it. The biggest attraction today is the active Strokkur, which shoots up a column of water up to 30 metres (98 ft.) into the air every few minutes. Gullfoss is one of the most famous waterfalls in Iceland and rightly so. The three-step waterfall is a part of the glacial river Hvítá and falls into a 62-metre (105 ft.) deep canyon. For the first half of the 20th century, there were ideas about using the waterfall to generate electricity, but thankfully nothing came of it. The UNESCO site Þingvellir National Park is geologically and historically significant. Apart from being the location of the oldest parliament in the world, Alþingi, it is also a place where you can see the Mid- Atlantic ridge above ground. The Eurasian and North-American tectonic plates pull the country apart by a couple of centimeters per year. Hotels: Overnight in the Fosshotel Reykjavik / Klettur Hotel or similar.
Day 3 (Reykjavík)
Breakfast in the hotel. Enjoy the South Shore Excursion South Iceland is special for that it is one of the flattest regions on the island. Because of that, most of all grain farming in Iceland is done there. The high mountains to the north, shield the area from the harshest winds from the north. Among the stops on this tour are at the gorgeous Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls. Seljalandsfoss is part of the Seljandsá river, which has its origins in Eyjafjallajökull glacier. What makes Seljalandsfoss so famous and interesting is that you can walk behind it. We recommend you bring either a raincoat or a waterproof coat along if you want to walk behind it. Skógafoss, another famous Icelandic waterfall, is the starting point of the Fimmvörðuháls walk over to Þórsmörk. The waterfall was also used in the films Thor: The Dark World and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. We will also stop at Reynisfjara black sand beach, with the Reynisdrangar rock formations and columnar basalt. It is one of the most spectacular beaches in Iceland but can be dangerous, and we kindly ask our guests not to go too close to the ocean and go by guidelines. In 1973 a United States Navy DC plane ran out of fuel and crashed on the black beach at Sólheimasandur, in the South Coast of Iceland. Fortunately, everyone in that plane survived. Later it turned out that the pilot had simply switched over to the wrong fuel tank. The remains are still on the sand very close to the sea. There is actually no road or clear track to the plane wreck and it takes a bit longer walk to reach the plane wreck. Additionally, we will stop by Sólheimajökull and walk up to a small lake which has formed in front of the retreating glacier.
Hotels: Overnight in the Fosshotel Reykjavik / Klettur Hotel or similar
Day 4 (Bergen)
After breakfast, enjoy the last minute shopping in Reykjavik, or if time allows you, chose one of the optional activities. Flight from Reykjavik to Bergen. Welcome to the Kingdom of Norway – a country with the most beautiful fjords on Earth. Transfer to your hotel upon arrival. Today you will meet your tour- escort, and rest of the group, to depart for the adventure in the Norwegian fjords. Overnight in a hotel in Bergen
Day 5 (Bergen)
Breakfast in the hotel. Discover Bergen – the world heritage city. Bergen is the Gateway to the Fjords of Norway. As a UNESCO World Heritage City and a European City of Culture, the Bergen region has the ideal combination of nature, culture and exciting urban life all year around. At 10:00, meet your local guide at the reception of your hotel and enjoy a walking tour of the city of Bergen. Pass through the most emblematic places such as the Hanseatic Bryggen, with the church of Mary, the Hakon fortress and the famous fish market. You can visit the Fløibanen Funicular, which will take you on the top of the Mountain Fløyen, for overall view of the city. To get a real taste of Norway, we would recommend
Choose one of our optional activity:
Sightseeing Cruise with light dinner (17:00, approx. 1,5 hrs.)
Bergen Food tour (15:00, approx. 3 hrs.)
Overnight in a hotel in Bergen
Hotels: (Example: Augustin Hotel / Zander K / Grand Terminus) or similar
Day 6 (Balestrand)
Breakfast in the hotel. Morning walk to the Bergen port where you will embark a cruise to Balestrand. Enjoy the views of Sognefjord, the King of Fjords. Departure from Bergen: 08:00 (schedule subject to change). Arrival in Balestrand: 11:55 Upon arrival in Balestrand – short walk from port to your hotel. Dinner time will be advised by your escort. Overnight & dinner in a hotel in Balestrand
Day 7 (Balestrand)
Breakfast in the hotel. Day at leisure to explore the region on your own OR you can opt for a FULL DAY EXCURSION TO FJÆRLAND Round-trip Balestrand – Fjærland including Bøyabreen, Supphellebreen and a visit to the Norwegian Glacier Museum. We sail in through the beautiful Fjærland fjord with amazing views of the steep mountains, the green fjord itself and vibrant landscape. We arrive at Fjærland where the glacier meets the fjord. Here we wait for a shuttle bus which takes us to the Norwegian Glacier Museum. Enjoy Ivo Caprino’s panoramic film about Jostedalen Glacier and the fascinating exhibition. The trip continues by coach to the two glaciers –Supphellebreen and Bøyabreen – before the coach takes us back to Fjærland. The full-day excursion concludes with a boat trip back to Hella/Balestrand. Coach to the glaciers and museum entrance are included in the round-trip fare. We recommend that you book this excursion when you book the tour as we cannot guarantee availability if booked upon arrival in Norway. Please advise your tour escort on first or second day of the tour. Overnight & dinner in a hotel in Balestrand. Hotels: (Example: Kviknes Hotel, Dragsvik Hotel, Balestrand Hotel) or similar
Day 8 (Oslo)
Breakfast in the hotel. Your journey on the Sognefjord continues today, Sognefjord – the King of Norway and the longest fjord in Norway. The initial part of the fjord, called Aurlandsfjord, is a 17-kilometer arm of the world’s second longest fjord, the Sognefjord (204 km). It is considered to be one of the most picturesque fjords in the world. Arrive in Flåm, where you will have some free time to discover this beautiful village. Departure to Myrdal by train. Myrdal station is a mountain railway station and junction, located about 13 km from the village Flåm. Board the famous Flåmsbana – one of the steepest trainlines in the world. The train journey runs through fantastic nature, past the Rallar road, steep mountains, breath-taking waterfalls, through 20 tunnels and offers so many viewpoints that many feel like travelling multiple times between the mountain and the fjord.
Schedule (*subject to change)
11:55 Cruise Balestrand Flåm – arrival to Flåm at 13:25
16:05 Panoramic train from Flåm – arrival to Myrdal at 17:02
17:53 Bergen Railway train from Myrdal – arrival to Oslo at 22:27 or
23:00 Overnight in a hotel in Oslo
Hotels: Examples (Clarion the Hub / Scandic Holberg / St. Olav Plass) or similar
Day 9 (Oslo)
Breakfast in the hotel. Meet your local guide at the reception of the hotel and depart for 3 hrs city sightseeing of this vibrant capital city starting at 11:00am. Guided tour of the city including the Frogner Park, with all sculptural Vigeland, the museum of Viking ships (entrance not included), showing three original Viking Age ships, the Royal Palace, City Hall and Akershus Fortress. Overnight in a hotel in Oslo Hotels: Examples (Clarion the Hub / Scandic Holberg / St. Olav Plass) or similar
Day 10 (Oslo)
Breakfast in the hotel. Enjoy some last minute shopping for the Viking souvenirs, walk along the streets and explore the city of the royal family, and the main Karl Johan’s street, with many shops, bars and cafes. Transfer to the airport on your own. (Transfer by a shuttle bus can be pre-booked in advance). End of our services
Inclusion & Exclusion
9 overnights in the mentioned hotel or similar with breakfast
2 Dinners in a Hotel in Balestrand
Return shuttle bus transfer in Reykjavik
Flight Reykjavik to Bergen
Shuttle bus transfer from the Bergen airport to a hotel in the city center (not a hotel)
Cruise on the Sognefjord from Bergen to Balestrand
Cruise on the Sognefjord & Aurlandsfjord & from Balestrand to Flåm
Panoramic train from Flåm – Myrdal
Bergen Railway train from Myrdal to Oslo
Guiding during the excursions in Iceland (shared basis)
English speaking tour-escort (private)
Golden Circle Excursion
South Shore Excursion
2 hrs sightseeing with a private guide in Bergen (walking tour)
3 hrs sightseeing with a private guide in Oslo (by bus)
Drinks, Lunches & Dinners in Bergen & Oslo
Tips & Personal Expenses
Anything not specified in Inclusions
Terms & Condtions
- GST shall be applicable over and above the package prices.
- Your e-tickets will be sent 3 days before departure in case of fixed departure.
- Above rates are Net and Non Commissionable.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage, camera fees etc.
- Meal plan: EP – Accommodation only, CP – Accommodation with breakfast, MAP – Accommodation with breakfast, lunch or dinner, AP – Accommodation with breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Airline seats and hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In case of any Visa denial or any delay in Visa process we shall not be resonsible for any loss due to the same and no refund will be applicable. Visa approval and process duration is as per consulate / embassy descretion. We cannot guarantee if visa shall be granted and duration to process the same.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar standard.
- Transportation shall be provided as per the itinerary and will not be at disposal.( AC will not work on hills )
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels / flights, cancellation / re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of visit, etc. While we will do our best to make suitable alternate arrangements, we would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- Cancellation charges for any type of transport ticket are applicable as per the rules of the concerned authority.
- Air tickets issued on special fares are NON REFUNDABLE and Guest shall bear cancellation charges.
- Any refund payable to the Guest (if any applicable as per cancellation policy) will be paid after the Company receives refund from the respective authorities. The Company deducts processing charges from the refund to be paid to the Guest.
- From 1 June 2016 onwards if any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicabke and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Also do read booking procedure which is given in every package details.
- The Company reserves the right to:
- Take the booking for the group tour and individual tour.
- Cancel bookings even after the acceptance of the payment without assigning any reason. In this case the company shall refund the money to the guest.
- Dismiss any guest from the tour for misbehaviour especially if it affects the group and Physical or verbal assault to the Tour Manager.
- Withdraw discounts at any point of time.
- Change the routing of Air Travel.
- Change hotel and/tour programme due to unavoidable circumstances.
- Cancellation made 30 days or more before departure date – 25% of package price will be applicable as cancellation charges.
- Cancellation made 15 to 30 Days prior to Departure – 50% of package price will be applicable as cancellation charges.
- Cancellation made within 15 Days before Departure – 100% of package price will be applicable as cancellation charges.
- In case of no show – 100% of package price will be applicable as cancellation charges.
- Note: Please read the terms and conditions before booking.
Cancellation Due To Visa Rejection
All the clients travelling on a tour must be in possession of a valid visa. However kindly note that it is entirely at the discretion of the concerned Consulate / Authorities to grant / reject visa even after submitting all relevant documents and the company will not be held responsible for the same. The company is not at all liable for such cases or has any influence on the consulate/embassy’s decision The role of the company is only to provide necessary guidance to the client for the purpose of applying for Visa. The company will not be responsible for non-issuance of visa due to receipt of incomplete / delayed documents from the Clients. It is a possibility that the consulate may ask the passengers to appear for a personal interview. This is at the sole discretion of the Consulate / Authorities. If the required documents are not submitted by the client, the issuance of visa will further be delayed / rejected, and the client will not hold JABETO CHOLO for the same. Client should adhere to all the norms and conditions laid by the consulate/embassy Upon rejection of visa, if the client wishes to reapply for the visa, he/she is liable to pay again the requisite fee to the consulate and he/she will not claim from JABETO CHOLO
- Company is not responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings during the stay in the hotel or while traveling in the coach. Due to theft or loss of baggage, tour participant can lodge a complaint with the local authorities on his/her sole discretion, cost, risk and consequences.