ASHOKA VATIKA TRAILS
4 NIGHTS / 5 DAYS
JC – IA – TOUR NO. 316
Kandy (1N) Nuwara Eliya (2N) Colombo (1N)
Day 1 (Kandy)
It is believed that Munishwaram predates the Ramayana and a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva was located here. Munishwaram means the first temple for Shiva (Munnu + Easwaran). A Shiva Lingam was already here when Lord Rama visited this place. Lord Rama after his victorious battle left for Ayodhya with Sita in one of King Ravana’s Vimanas. He felt he was being followed by a BramhaasthiDosham (a malevolent black shadow) as he had killed King Ravana who was a Brahmin.When the Vimana was passing over Munishwaram, he felt the Vimana vibrating, and realized the BrahmaastiDosham was not following him at this particular point.He stopped the Vimana at this juncture and asked god Lord Shiva for advice. Lord Shiva blessed Lord Rama and advised installing and praying at four lingams located at Manavari, ThiruKoneshwaram, ThiruKetheshwaram and Rameshwaram in India as the only remedy to get rid of the dosham. The first lingam was installed at Manavari about 5km from here, near the banks of the DeduruOya. At the Manavari Temple ChilawManavari is the first lingam installed and prayed by Rama and till date this lingam is called as RamalingaShivan. Rameshwaram is the only other lingam in world named after Lord Rama.Visit temple of sacred tooth relic in the evening
Dinner & overnight stay in Kandy
Day 2 (Nuwara Eliya)
En route visit Botanical garden,This beautiful flower Eden is restored with over 300 different varieties of orchids, other spices, medicinal plants and Palm trees. Every year more than 1.2 million people are enchanted by the beauty of these 147 acre flower gardens.
Visit Sri Hanman Temple On the way to Nuwaraeliya
Nuwara Eliya (City of Lights), blessed with salubrious climate, breathtaking views of valleys, meadows, mountains and greenery; Surrounded by hills and tea plantations, the town of Nuwara Eliya enjoys spring-like weather throughout the year. It is also known as “LittleEngland”, which was the favorite hill station of the British who tried to create Nuwara Eliya into a typical English Village. The old brick Post office, country house like hill club with its hunting pictures, trophies and strict formal dinner attire; the 18 hole golf course, horse race course, etc., all remind you of “England”.
Dinner & overnight stay in Nuwaraeliya
Day 3 (Nuwara Eliya)
The Sita Amman Temple can be seen en route to the Hakgala Botanical Gardens. The prominent temple architecture will not fail to attract your attention. Ancient statues of Rama and Sita can be seen on one side of the temple. Divurumpola the temple today is a modern building with its paintings, statues and pillars decorated with sculptures; all depicting the tale of Rama and Sita.Still revered by thousands, this holy haven was the place where Sita performed her Agni Pariksha (proving her chastity) to her husband Rama. Continuing the practice for thousands of years, villagers still pledge their fidelity or take oaths there and even in certain courts, this agreement was binding. This place has been respected and worshipped by people down the ages.Ella is a small mountain village near Bandarawela and boasts three locations linked to the Ramayana where local legend claims Ravana was hiding Sita. First there is the Ravana Ella Cave, located at the massive Ella Falls; a breathtaking 1080 feet high waterfall that cascades into several falls. The rocky undergoes of the waterfall is Khondalite, a kind of limestone which undergoes faster decay as hard gneiss or granite. This has resulted in many caves being formed near the falls. King Ravana is said to have lived in one of the caves above the waterfall. A nearby pool bored out of the rock by the gushing waters is where Sita is said to have bathed Ravana.
Visit Gayathri Peed in the evening
Dinner & overnight stay in Nuwaraeliya
Day 4 (Colombo)
Colombo is the largest city and commercial capital of Sri Lanka. Located on the west coast, it is a busy and vibrant city with a mixture of modern and colonial impressions. Colombo has wildly varying architecture that span centuries and depict various styles. Many colonial buildings influenced by the Portuguese, Dutch and British exist alongside structures built in Buddhist, Hindu, Islamic, Indian and Contemporary architectural styles. No other place is this more evident in the heart of the city the Fort area. Colombo also boasts many shopping malls and department stores that offer brand name clothing at highly discounted prices. Therefore, it has become an important shopping destination among tourists. While on your city tour in Colombo you may visit famous places including Galle Face Green, the Viharamahadevi Park, National Museum, Twin World Trade Center towers, Old Parliament Building, Fort district, Independence Hall at Independence Square, and prominent Buddhist, Hindu, Islam and Christian places of worship.(Entrance fees to sites not included). For shopping, you may visit Odel, House of Fashion, Beverly Street, Majestic City, Noritake, etc.After King Ravana’s death, Vibeeshana was coroneted as King of Lanka by Lakshmana at Kelaniya. There are murals enshrined outside the Buddhist temple depicting the crowning of Vibeeshana.Dinner & overnight stay in Colombo
Day 5 (Colombo)
Transfer from Colombo to Airport for Departure
Inclusion & Exclusion
Sri Lanka single entry Visa – Subject to approval by Immigration
Welcome and assistance at Airport
Breakfast & Dinner
Transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with English speaking chauffeur guide
1ltr water bottle each per day
External / Internal Airfare is not included in the Itinerary.
All the Entrance fees
Lunch and Dinner throughout the tour
Camera and video permit
Any expenses of personal nature
Porterage at hotels
Christmas Eve & New Year Supplement extra
Rates are not valid during Black-Out Period. Additional Surcharges may apply
Terms & Condtions
- GST shall be applicable over and above the package prices.
- Your e-tickets will be sent 3 days before departure in case of fixed departure.
- Above rates are Net and Non Commissionable.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage, camera fees etc.
- Meal plan: EP – Accommodation only, CP – Accommodation with breakfast, MAP – Accommodation with breakfast, lunch or dinner, AP – Accommodation with breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Airline seats and hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In case of any Visa denial or any delay in Visa process we shall not be resonsible for any loss due to the same and no refund will be applicable. Visa approval and process duration is as per consulate / embassy descretion. We cannot guarantee if visa shall be granted and duration to process the same.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar standard.
- Transportation shall be provided as per the itinerary and will not be at disposal.( AC will not work on hills )
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels / flights, cancellation / re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of visit, etc. While we will do our best to make suitable alternate arrangements, we would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- Cancellation charges for any type of transport ticket are applicable as per the rules of the concerned authority.
- Air tickets issued on special fares are NON REFUNDABLE and Guest shall bear cancellation charges.
- Any refund payable to the Guest (if any applicable as per cancellation policy) will be paid after the Company receives refund from the respective authorities. The Company deducts processing charges from the refund to be paid to the Guest.
- From 1 June 2016 onwards if any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicabke and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Also do read booking procedure which is given in every package details.
- The Company reserves the right to:
- Take the booking for the group tour and individual tour.
- Cancel bookings even after the acceptance of the payment without assigning any reason. In this case the company shall refund the money to the guest.
- Dismiss any guest from the tour for misbehaviour especially if it affects the group and Physical or verbal assault to the Tour Manager.
- Withdraw discounts at any point of time.
- Change the routing of Air Travel.
- Change hotel and/tour programme due to unavoidable circumstances.
- Cancellation made 30 days or more before departure date – 25% of package price will be applicable as cancellation charges.
- Cancellation made 15 to 30 Days prior to Departure – 50% of package price will be applicable as cancellation charges.
- Cancellation made within 15 Days before Departure – 100% of package price will be applicable as cancellation charges.
- In case of no show – 100% of package price will be applicable as cancellation charges.
- Note: Please read the terms and conditions before booking.
Cancellation Due To Visa Rejection
All the clients travelling on a tour must be in possession of a valid visa. However kindly note that it is entirely at the discretion of the concerned Consulate / Authorities to grant / reject visa even after submitting all relevant documents and the company will not be held responsible for the same. The company is not at all liable for such cases or has any influence on the consulate/embassy’s decision The role of the company is only to provide necessary guidance to the client for the purpose of applying for Visa. The company will not be responsible for non-issuance of visa due to receipt of incomplete / delayed documents from the Clients. It is a possibility that the consulate may ask the passengers to appear for a personal interview. This is at the sole discretion of the Consulate / Authorities. If the required documents are not submitted by the client, the issuance of visa will further be delayed / rejected, and the client will not hold JABETO CHOLO for the same. Client should adhere to all the norms and conditions laid by the consulate/embassy Upon rejection of visa, if the client wishes to reapply for the visa, he/she is liable to pay again the requisite fee to the consulate and he/she will not claim from JABETO CHOLO
- Company is not responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings during the stay in the hotel or while traveling in the coach. Due to theft or loss of baggage, tour participant can lodge a complaint with the local authorities on his/her sole discretion, cost, risk and consequences.